Get my e book, "Day In & Day Out" for FREE! Find it on Smashwords, Kindle, or on the most popular smartphone apps; Aldiko for Android devices, and Stanza for Apple users! Also available on e book-purchasing platforms with retailers such as Barnes & Noble, and Scribd.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Horrible Poetry Wednesday #6

This one actually wasn't so hard to post this week relatively speaking. I still think it qualifies as Horrible Poetry, but at least the intent is there. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, and I hope you enjoy reading another ugly selection of my poetry. Please leave your feedback in the comments section below. Also, if you have any suggestions for future Horrible Poetry Wednesday Posts, please email me at first name last name 2013 at gmail dot com with your ideas!

Expression
By: Chris Baca

I’ve always been told to express myself
In my very own way,
But every time I try to
I always hear the adults say,
"Stop that! Stop that banging and stop making all that noise,
What’s wrong with this generation and all these rowdy girls and boys?".

That’s not just noise; that’s the expression of my joys!
Stop picking on us girls and boys just because we have a voice!
I don’t play with toys so all I have left are my ploys to create art,
Because art is what’s in my heart!
Creating art from the heart is what I’ll do until my body and soul part!

So don’t forget this okay?
This kind of love, the love of art, won’t just go away.
Forever, I’ll be planking and picking, or training my singing.
Brushing or stroking or prodding or poking; wherever art takes me
I will willingly go.
Maybe I’ll even learn to sew before my soul is taken by the crow.
Whatever it may be I want you to accept me for me,
And I hope you’ll understand when I don’t exactly live by your decree.
***

Wasn't that just horrible? Doesn't it just make you want to tell the world how vile, disgusting, and absolutely atrocious it was? Perhaps maybe you want to spread the word about my hackneyed writing, or about how godawful my poetry is? Well you can do exactly that. Just leave your comment below, and tell me and the rest of the internet population exactly what your thoughts are right now!

 Older Horrible Poetry Wednesday Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment