Get my e book, "Day In & Day Out" for FREE! Find it on Smashwords, Kindle, or on the most popular smartphone apps; Aldiko for Android devices, and Stanza for Apple users! Also available on e book-purchasing platforms with retailers such as Barnes & Noble, and Scribd.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Horrible Poetry Wednesday #1

So going forward, I'm going to try and do a Horrible Poetry Wednesday! In these posts (which will, for obvious reasons, be posted each Wednesday) I will showcase some old poetry of mine (which I usually hate, I was fifteen at the time of writing most of this and I absolutely abhor most of it) and let you all laugh about how horrible of a poetry writer I am.
I'll be up front with you, Prose writing is my business, but for a while, I was really into poetry. In fact, it helped me for a while, and continues to serve a good purpose in my life. Whenever I find I'm having a hard time writing, I force myself to come up with a few lines of Haiku and it usually gets me started writing again and breaks me through the dreaded "writer's block" barrier. Let me know if you think I'm crazy and you think this is a good poem, or if it's been justifiably placed in the "Horrible Poetry Wednesday" file, to forever be remembered for the piece of garbage that it is!

Hatred
By: Chris Baca

Evil resides in the places we hide. 
We think ourselves safe 'til it tears off our face.
It acts upon instinct. The instinct of Man.
It kills and it maims whatever it can.
It's the long-time feared Mr. Boogeyman.
Your fears are now pointless, for it's already here,
All his life he's been jestered, and festered with jeer.
He's been fed upon hatred, and born within anger,
He is the negative of the baby boy in the manger.
He loves the dissenting of brother and brother,
And totally loathes the love of one's mother.
He'll laugh while he stabs you, and mauls you, and claws you,
He easily realizes all of your flaw, too.
He can see through your eyes, straight down to your soul,
The scales will determine if your heart is not whole.
The way to defeat him lies in Peace for all man,
Only trouble is, no one believes that we can.
We have the means and the method, to make this thing happen,
But no one will listen, I can hear no one clapping.
To destroy this monster, this monster called hate,
We must all get together, start over the slate.
And then, only then, will It dissipate.

So what do you think? Is this deserving of the Horrible Poetry Wednesday designation, or is it better than I thought? You decide, and let me know, in the comments below!

Horrible Poetry Wednesday #2
Horrible Poetry Wednesday #3
Horrible Poetry Wednesday #4
Horrible Poetry Wednesday #5

No comments:

Post a Comment